Sunday, March 22, 2009

Outcast Trendsetter

I spent most of my life trying to accomplish a goal I never really wanted to attain. I thought I wanted to fit in with those around me. During my youth, I always seemed to be out of step with everyone, in my thinking, my actions, my style. If I wore a red hat on Monday, it wasn't cool until Wednesday when I wore striped socks - which everyone had on Friday. As a child, I felt like an outcast - watching from the edge of society. And I was right, because I was on the edge, but it wasn't until I was an adult, that I came to appreciate which side of the edge I resided on - I wasn't the outcast. I was the trendsetter. I was the person other people wanted to be around because of my unique viewpoint. I was different and that was good. But they will come to see what I see eventually.... So, get ready to follow, because you never know when I'll display the next trend...

No comments:

Post a Comment